Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Yarn Harlot is hosting the Knitting Olympics. So naturally I signed up. Now, you'd think that I'd maybe, oh, sign up to finish Cam's socks maybe but NOooooo. See, Cam's socks are getting ripped out and redone in something other than what I started because I've decided that the extant pair is cursed and all. No, I'm making a baby cardigan for the knitting olympics. One that requires blocking and sewing pieces together. That's challenging, sure. Given that I'm still swatching away for the garter stitch cardigan that requires NO blocking or sewing. Sure. 16 days. One sweater. It's a small sweater. I can do it.

3 comments:

Z said...

I would like to participate but I don't know what to do...socks? Can I handle double points? Can I handle socks???? If not, what else? Another boucle hat? Boucle SUCKS.

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

No boucle!!! *hissss* I think you'll find DPNs fiddly at first but so easy once you master them that you'll wonder why you never cast on 'em before.

I prefer toe up socks. Google "Universal toe up sock pattern" and fyi, the v. best cast on is a figure 8 cast on, much better than doing something with waste yarn.

Do it! We'll encourage each other. We'll be like, the Jewish Team of the Knitting Olympics.

Z said...

Okay....I'll do it. Do you have the world's easiest pattern?