Saturday, January 07, 2006

Truism #249

When getting oneself to the optometrist for the first time in four years, do not bring along that complex, cabled sock you are making on #1 needles. Trust me. They are going to dilate your eyes and when you get focus back, you will have a big mess on your hands. If you think back very carefully, you will remember that the Yarn Harlot WARNED of this very sort of issue earlier this year, but instead of learning from those who are wiser, you figured you could just. Um. Count? What? I'm not sure what I thought, really.

However, in about 10 days when the super cool scotchguarded glare resistant do your worst we double dog dare you lenses come in and they can fill the prescription (because naturally I'd pick the frames and lenses they were all out of), I'm going to have a very spiffy set of new glasses. At least, I think I will. It was a little blurry there, trying on frames.

And so goes the very last of the Christmas windfall, gone to insure that I can see for another 3 or 4 years. Rock on.

No comments: