Monday, January 09, 2006

I have this alarming habit of sticking dpns and cable needles into my hair behind my ears when not using them, and then forgetting about it, so grabbing another dpn or cable needle and ultimately putting that behind my ear where it slides down and gets tangled in my hair so that when I take my hair down at night, there is this MESS of pointy things and I invariably have to go hunt for them all. It can be amusing when someone goes to pet my hair and gets his hand stabbed. Or hugs that end up with eyes being poked, those are lots of fun. Showing affection to a knitter can be downright dangerous at times.

It's funny but even with the homeschooling back in full swing, the house is much more quiet and serene. I guess it is a truism of parenthood that vacations just aren't and that's all there is to it. Nice to be back to regularly scheduled life in progress. The holidays are OVER. Yay!

3 comments:

Z said...

I feel the EXACT same way. Now if I could only get my Hanukkah stuff put away!

Chris said...

Wow, that must be some thick and curly hair you have going there!

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Chris: yes, very. Which is nice when Big Texas Hair is fashionable but kind of a pita when everyone is doing sleek and small, ya know?

Z: It's really nice isn't it? I mean, I was all happy about "vacation" but today is what feels like a real vacation. *grin*