Friday, December 30, 2005

My daughter got up early and made me these for my birthday today.
cinnamarolls

I am the luckiest of mamas.
dogcinnamaroll

My friend Foxy knit me a Muppet.
tiktugtug

Tiki tried to kill the Muppet but it is safely put up and I am going to sew felt teeth on it, glue on a pair of googly eyes and then I am going to line it and put a snap closure on it and THEN I am going to use it as my knitting bag for when I go to SnB. My friend Foxy, who intended the Muppet to be a huge joke, is probably appalled that I am actually going to use it, but hey. There's a lotta love in that there Muppet bag.

So today I turned 36 and I have to say, when your natal day and the advent of the (western) calendar new year coincide, it makes for a lot of Deep Thots and ruminating and just generally, thinking about changes and resolutions of all sorts. I haven't really made any, though I do have some plans and some areas where I'd like to get some momentum going forward. But more on that later.

Husband and children threw me a lovely party tonight, good friends, great food, good wine and a lot of fun conversation. It was truly a happy, happy day!

5 comments:

rincaro said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had time between your deep thoughts for big fun!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

A'hoy-py Belated Birthday!
:-)

Siel said...

Happy birthday!! V. jealous of the cinnamon rolls. Also, hungry...

Chris said...

Happy Belated Birthday, and Happy New Year. I'm loving the thought of your Muppet knitting bag!