Wednesday, December 07, 2005

If there's one thing I've learned in the last few days about Israeli politics and what is really going on in the Middle East? It's that I have a lot to learn. I look at our mess here in CA and in the larger US and think "jesus what a mess." but at least I know how we got there and my opinions about what's gone wrong are based in a fairly accurate understanding of how the US system works. Israel, not so much. There is much to be read.

SO let's see... chez Yarnpirate, we have a teenage boy essentially living with us for the forseeable and undefined future, due to issues at home. We are all adapting. I always said I wanted 3 kids, now I got 'em. He's a nice kid. I'm hoping things chill out around his homestead by the first of the year but I imagine we'll do what is needful for as long as it needs doing. Fully prepared to have him here through Christmannukahkwanzamas and into the new year. I have to note, being the parent of two girls who can really put away the chow... I thought I grokked the teenage appetite? Ha! It is positively amazing how much food a teenage boy can consume. Who knew?

Laptop, still fried. I'm getting webmail and borrowing the teenager's computer when I can but some of it is slipping past me so if I owe you email and you haven't heard from me, that's probably what happened. I am assured that at least the data is retrievable/backed up. We may need a new drive. It's still up in the air.

I'm casting on for Kiri tomorrow, with some "azul bonitas" laceweight from handpainted yarn dot com. Planning to bead the edging, the many, many miles of edging.... I suppose I should be worried about that new bead store that opened up across Venice Blvd. from my house. Between that and the new yarn store, there goes my allowance.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Kudos to you for taking in the boy! It's heartwarming to know he'll have a home for the holidays.