Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Appendicitis Watch 2005 (kinda like Storm Watch on the news but no fancy graphics or intense music) is over! Sorta. Doctor has DX'ed the smunch with "mesenteric lymphadenopathy" which translates to "a bigass mofo viral infection of the gi tract which has pissed off the lymph nodes enough that it is now mimicking appendicitis and has kept you up for 3 days."

Because I must be severely sleep depped to have posted that picture of what was behind my desk for the WHOLE WORLD TO SEE.

anyway, we can go to sleep now, her gutty bits are unlikely to explode and that's good news. 7-10 days of restricted/limited diet, moderate activity and we'll be all good.

why yes, I am on my second cup of (Fair Trade) espresso this morning and still can barely keep my eyes open, thank you!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Glad to hear that they know what it is and you don't have to hover over her.

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

yes. I'm really relieved. Exhausted but relieved.

Z said...

Bad mofo virus...bad!!!! Glad to hear it should work itself out without major abdominal surgery (as I am sure you are too!)

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

oh definitely! We're just relieved to know finally.