Monday, November 21, 2005

it's been an interesting week or so Chez Yarnpirate. My mom is in the hospital. I'm a little stressy. Thanksgiving as we'd planned has been effectively cancelled but we've been invited to a friend's house for dinner, so have somewhere to go. I may make a little dinner for just our family on Saturday so we can have our favorite dishes. It just won't be right without Mom. That's always been the holiday we spend together. Having one's mom be really sick is... well it's just sucktastic is what it is. Even as an adult, you kind of think of your parents as being, well, MOM AND DAD, so when one turns up to be fragile and human it is a little scary and unnerving. I know we all go through it. Welcome to adulthood, kid.

My most awesome SP6 sent me a package today with a siddur and a pirate candy and a pin up girl bracelet in it - most excellent and thank you, the timing was awesome. I needed something cheery today.

No comments: