Wednesday, October 19, 2005

roving, single
Well you take some of this.... and you spin some nice, even, fingering weight singles and then....

you Navajo ply it....
navajo plied

and you get this wonderful sort of heavy worsted, variegated, heathered, yarny goodness.

I have reached a breakthrough in spinning and am now getting somewhat more even looking and very fabulous yarn. I've really felt for the longest time that I was wasting fiber in a way. Yes, getting something yarnlike, but nothing that I'd want to actually knit with for any kind of nice project. The stuff I'm turning out now? I'd knit with it and I'd give it away. It's not perfect, but it's definitely clicked up a level.

Still sick as a dog. I've managed a few trips out and about here and there, but nothing too taxing and when I come home, I invariably regret having gone out in the first place. I just want my damn life back, yanno?

2 comments:

Z said...

That is some damned beautiful yarn ya got yaself there :)

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

thank you! I like your lemur!