Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Exhaustion... there is so much in my brain.

Henna - learned to gild and do negative work today. WOo! No other artist in my area is doing this work. I think I have just found my selling point to set me apart from all the other gazillion henna artists out there.

Pottery - I think I may have a pottery show upcoming this December. I'd given up doing it but ya know, this woman called and said they miss me and they love me at her show. Apparently I've always been her best seller so... gonna work up some inventory for just this one show. Why not? It's not like I don't have all the bisque and paints already.

Yarn - made a huge whopping error in Diamond Fantasy and had to rip out most of repeat #5 which I have reknit and finished. One. More. Repeat. To. Go. And then it'll be done. I begin to wonder if I have the attention span to truly succeed at ginormous, circular, very large lace projects or if perhaps it would be wise to stick to smaller things like scarves. Truly, my inner ferret just wanders away after a while.

Watching a PBS special with Em this week on the Israelites. Fascinating. Well narrated, not too much with the religious stuff (though it IS about religion) but more from an objective historical viewpoint based on archeological findings and writings from the period. Fascinating. It's funny, I thought I'd have to pull teeth to get the kids to watch it but they're both quite interested. It also makes me realize just how much of our history that I know, that I don't even think about because it is what I was raised with, that they are totally missing. That? That makes me sad. I'm doing a lousy job as a Jewish mom as far as passing this on and teaching them. I need to be better about observing and passing this stuff on to them. No wonder there's worry that Judaism is dying. It's full of people like me who aren't religious particularly and who are full of questions, who are just confused and think Buddhism (or whatever) also has it's points and who don't necessarily agree with everything and want to argue. How do you balance that with religious observance? I really don't know. I'm struggling with it a lot lately. Some kind of religious mid life crisis I'm having here. Cos for all I was raised with? I don't really remember how to do it right. I don't remember much about Temple and I don't remember any Hebrew and my Yiddish sucks. I've been away a long time.

At any rate. I ate apples today.

L'shanah tovah tikatev v'taihatem.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Rainy...Teresa (Wild Geese) here.

I've been searching your blog for an email addresss but haven't found it.

I don't want to leave my address here so how 'bout you email me and I send you my address?

Thank you so much for donating the Handpaint Yarn to Give A Little...I promise I will make something beautiful out of it.

Teresa said...

Oh my!
I am not with it today!

Here's my email address:
tstetlerclear@gmail.com