Thursday, September 15, 2005

Obligatory SP6 post.... SQUEEEEEE!

I have my pal and zir blog is most edifying. I do so look forward to 3 months of spoilage and making somebody quiver with joy upon the postman's arrival. And the person whose SP I am has contacted me and there is much quivering with joy over an already delightful correspondence.

I've set up a super seeeeekrut identity with which to communicate with my pal and I must say, I'm grinning from ear to ear about it.

Destashed a little more today. Alas, not much I feel would be worth listing on ebay, if only that I'm not sure how much "single" skeins of one thing or another really get people excited. But it was worthy to go thru the stash, at any rate and I've now reorganized so that it's all by weight in the bins. Bulky to worsted in one bin, DK to lace in the other. Will be easier to go find stuff depending on what project I want to start.

Ripped out and re-cast on the sari silk garter stitch scarf. Sari silk, not as annoying as KSH to frog, but vexing all the same. I'm working from two skeins and just alternating stripes of two, carrying the other yarn up the side of the stripe. The variations of color in the two skeins are so extreme that a definite stripe pattern is visible and I'm really liking the results I am now getting. Xmas present. Not for me. Will delight somebody, I am sure.

The handpainted I'm donating for Give A Little arrived, it's GORGEOUS and I'm really excited about the fact that someone is going to win it. The Azul Bonitas is just... wow. Saturated. Stunning. also, reeking of vinegar. Yay mordant!

2 comments:

Atla said...

Okay, so I've been reading your blog for a couple of months, but I haven't had a blogger account. Since then, I've been debating whether to create an account just to comment on your blog (as it is my favorite that I read) or not. Today said yes. So hello, I'm Atla.

I've been considering making a Sari silk scarf. Was actually just looking at the yarn again before I made my way over to your blog. Have you considered doing it in the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf pattern? Here's a photo of someone's finished one (in different yarn). I think it would look awesome with the recycled silk.

Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Hey Atla!

I have looked at that pattern, yes! I'm really liking the stripes I'm getting right now - it's very subtle but there. I think the silk would be dandy in that project.

So you're not on blogger but do you have a blog anywhere else?