Monday, September 12, 2005

I really was upset when I read this article about what a few misguided elite souls from New Orleans are contemplating, as regards rebuilding the Big Easy. Um. How about, no. How about, Dear Neo-con, Elite Nitwit, You Suck. No Love, Me. *sigh*

Moving on.

Branching Out blocked up beautifully and is awaiting wrapping in tissue paper and mailing to my mom. I don't think I've managed to get her birthday present off to her in time in like, five years. Cos yeah, I kinda suck like that. THIS year, however, it's not only on time, but it is handmade and lace and shall make up for all the other years of lameness. Phwoar. I used the last of the yarn to make a little lace capelet for my daughter's American Girl doll. I'd take a picture but the awesome power of my bed is sucking me down and making it impossible to reach the camera. Sorry.

Someone explain to me what is up with the whole "penis waving" of stash comparison? I mean, my stash is pretty big by some standards, pretty small by others, but it's just, a couple a bins of yarn, ok? I don't take it out and count it or roll around on it naked (for one thing, it's hot here, and ya get kinda sweaty, I prefer natural fibers and so rolling around naked and sweaty would most likely lead to, um, felting? Possibly increased hits on my site if I got a web cam. But only until my in laws found out. Either way, it'd only end in tragedy.) and so perhaps the point of huge stash pictures is lost on me. Perhaps I am missing some vitally fun part of being a part of the knitting community. I don't get it.

No comments: