Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Having strep throat means you spend a lot of time in bed doing nothing but Xmas knitting (which will surely be okay by Xmas and not streppy). Simple garter stitch scarf in sari silk is about my speed today, but that's ok.

So here's a meme to entertain.
TEN YEARS AGO: Ten years ago, I was a single mum with two young kids and I'd just met this really awesome guy at Ren Faire and we were writing back and forth and having this utterly sparky correspondence (he lived in LA, I lived in NoCal). I knew we were doomed destined to get married. A year later, we were.

FIVE YEARS AGO: Not a whole heck of a lot. Brownies. Soccer. Trapped in a suburban mom station wagon hell.

ONE YEAR AGO: A year ago was complicated. It involved Aussies, librarians, painful life changes and some really interesting camping trips. One year ago, I had no clue that I'd be looking at the reality I'm looking at today. One year ago was very different.
YESTERDAY: In bed with strep throat! Broke! Cranky!

FIVE SNACKS: Pudding pops. Crusty bread with butter. Fruit of just about any kind. Milano cookies. Bacon.

FIVE SONGS I KNOW ALL THE WORDS TO: "What Happens Tomorrow", Duran Duran. Actually, any song by Duran Duran. "Let It Go" Great Big Sea, "Boston and St. John's" Great Big Sea, a number of faire songs, irish ballads, bawdy tavern songs and sea shanties. "Panzermensch" And One (don't know what hte words mean but I can sing along). Ya know, most songs I pick up pretty quickly.

FIVE THINGS I WOULD DO WITH $100 MILLION: Pay my debts. Buy myself a house with a large lot so I can urban homestead. Buy my mom a house and put money in a bank for her so she wouldn't ever worry again for anything. Buy a lot more yarn and books. Put my kids thru college. Buy my husband a sailboat. Otherwise? Nothing would really change.

FIVE PLACES TO RUN AWAY TO: Mendocino, Humboldt County, San Francisco, Brattleboro, Boston.

FIVE THINGS I WOULD NEVER WEAR: Mom jeans. NEVER AGAIN THE MOM JEANS. See, I'm a goth/industrial stompy girl so there's a LOT of stuff out there that just makes me go "eeeuw." but if I were naked and you offered me clothing, I'd wear it. Though spandex is dubious. And Mom jeans. Did I mention not so much with the mom jeans?

FIVE FAVORITE TV SHOWS: ER, House, CSI: Vegas, Bones, Medium

FIVE BIGGEST JOYS: Family. Pets. Yarn. The beach. Good food.

FIVE FAVORITE TOYS: Laptop. Spindles. Yarn and needles. Beads. Paper.

No comments: