Monday, August 01, 2005

Would you believe that I had to rip the sock out again? Yes, I did. Because I found a pattern I loved, got two repeats into it and realized that I did NOT love that pattern in this yarn. However, I've found a pattern that I am loving in this yarn, even after two fateful repeats, so I think we've got it. Which is good, cos, well, I thought I might be doomed on this sock project. Had to frog Branching Out. All 12 repeats. Because Pride caused me to leave out the lifeline and Hubris made me think "Oh, I've got it." and then Dismay pointed out the GLARING errors I'd made a few rows later and Clueless made it impossible to tink and... yeah.

The Buddhist concept of impermanence is really becoming something I grok lately.

We've had a visitor from the East Coast on his first trip out West this weekend, so I've been running about like mad doing all manner of touristy goodness. Frankly, I'm exhausted. The boys have headed out to watch some burlesque at The Derby (one of our friends, Ginger E. Lixir, is doing her farewell performance this evening) but I'm home chilling with the pooglins and the puppeh. So. Tired.

Kinda nice to just chill out, do a little laundry and get some knitting done on the sock.

Eldest daughter is home from camp and has a new hair color and hair cut. We'd gotten an email from teh camp director advising us and several other parents that our offspring were running an impromptu salon in the camp bathrooms, so it wasn't such a shock. She's gained a few desperately needed pounds, looks wonderful and had a great time. We're thrilled to have her home! Not, um, that we've talked to her much - seeing as how the telephone is once again glued to her right ear.... I don't even bother to answer it. It's never for me. :-P

1 comment:

Cambria W said...

Now that I'm thinking about it, I may want to rip my sock too. Love the pattern but I don't think it shows as well as it was meant to. I think we've gone off the deep end with these:)