Monday, August 15, 2005


The blog code is messed up and I can't figure out how to fix it. And it's pissing me off. So I have my knickers in a wad.

Spun today. Well, spun and spun and said a lot of things like "shite" and "arse" and other even worse things like "wank" and vexed just a little bit under my breath, but I made some rather decent, not too craptacular yarn**. I think rather than focusing on very fine yarn, I"ll just set my sights on something in a worsted weight and try to do that evenly and balanced. *sigh* Harder than it looks, for sure. We are going to the Fiber Fest in Santa Monica on Friday. I am taking just enough cash for a bottom whorl spindle and perhaps lunch, and otherwise behaving myself like a very broke person on a budget ought. There's a bunch of crazy quilting stuff going on that I am interested in - I have a feeling that this trip will be all about inspiration and good ideas. Should be fun.

We checked out the Culver City Stitch n Bitch meeting tonight. GREAT FUN! I think this is gonna be a weekly thing, what a great group of women. I would really like to check out the Santa Monica and West Hollywood meetings as well, but I'm not sure I can justify all the time away. While at the SnB, I worked on Cam's sock. But if you are Cam, you aren't clicking on that are you? I didn't think so. Because then it would ruin the surprise. Here's a stitch detail of Cam's sock which also you should not be clicking if your name is Cam. Just sayin.

I believe I promised puppies, cats and knitted stuff, yes? Yes? I thought I did.

Here's Piglet's Kayak socks, still languishing in Second Sock Gulag


Here is why I don't take a lot of pictures of my stuff I'm working on.

Vintage Capelet I'm making in Lorna's Laces, isn't the Black Purl colorway gorgeous? I don't know how I'll deal with puppy and cats when trying to block this sucker. Heh.

Gratuitous Puppy Shot.



**Oh who am I kidding? It was craptacular yarn. But its' better than the crap I did at the last attempt and the next batch'll be even better still. Plus the bad words were fun.

No comments: