Monday, July 25, 2005

My that was a tasty frap. All malty, with mocha syrup, affogado style. I do so enjoy those once in a while, though they are extremely high in calories and sugar. Good thing I don't make 'em a habit. Didn't make it to the yarn store, rather, hung out in the shade in front of Starbucks and knitted on my sock for a while, read a book and just chilled out.

Was working on the sock in line and this guy kept turning around and staring at me rather intently, then he bent down and angled himself to investigate the sock from another angle. I smiled. He said nothing, just stared. Then I raised one eyebrow at him and he stared some more. I smiled again. Nothing. No return smile. No acknowledgement. Just... staring. And he'd turn around and then turn back around and stare some more. That's when I began to feel a little bit creeped out by the whole thing. Normally I don't mind talking to strangers about knitting and it's a great conversation opener - but sometimes I attract the weird kind of stranger, not a good chatting about yarn kind of stranger.

I wanted to jab him with a dpn and mutter "Stoppit" but I figured that could be construed as an invitation to actually interact, so I refrained. Then he want away. Thank goodness. If he had kept up the weird staring, I might've impulsively dumped my frap down his collar and then where would I be? In a holding cell at the CCPD and no frap, that's where.

It's not that I'm not friendly. It's that I'm a freak magnet and I've learned to be wary.

Anyway. I'm about to turn the heel on the sock. And that's about it for scintillating knitting news.

No comments: