Sunday, May 29, 2005

I have discovered the joy that is sock knitting. It's all the Yarn Harlot's fault. I blame her entirely because she always posts pictures of socks in progress and I had to try one. And she was talking about sock yarn and showing pictures and... and.... well I just could not help it. That woman is dangerous and her blog should come with a Surgeon General's warning label. "Danger. Exposure to this blog on a frequent basis can lead to new knitting obsessions over and above the usual yarn... er... thing."

Woe is me, for life will never be the same. I successfully completed my first ankle down sock on #7 dpns and some Blue Sky Alpaca worsted weight cotton, just so I could figure out heel turning and construction more easily. I may or may not knit a mate for it. I've got another handknit sock that's missing a mate in similar colors, so I may just forego the 2nd sock. Now I've cast on for a toe up sock in Lorna's Laces sock yarn (jungle colorway, green and purple) with a feather and fan ankle pattern. And it looks great.

Because I needed another addiction Like I needed a hole in my head.

No comments: