Sunday, November 14, 2004

Made with love or... what was I thinking?

Wow. Okay, somewhat daunting... Made With Love By A Liberal This is the coolest idea EVAR. Really nifty nonprofit, making knitty things for folks in need. And it's exactly what I was looking for when I said I wanted to start some kind of group here locally to help in my community. So, I contacted them yesterday and offered to set up a Los Angeles chapter and they replied today - they were thrilled and happy to have me do it and now I've got forms to submit to the state and... I'm starting a local chapter.

)kay. Okay. I coached soccer for 6 years. I taught 4 year olds how to play soccer and run in a straight line while kicking a ball (not always in the right direction, mind) so I can do this. I can do this. And it's going to be wonderful and a great outlet for activism.

You know what they say, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it? Well... I got it. And I'm excited and thrilled and kindof intimidated all at once. So hang on kiddies, it's gonna be a bumpy ride - seat of the pants all the way.

Time to get cracking and organized!

No comments: